Except for the election related due dates, nothing is mandated in the by-laws. The calendar below is more for easy operational guide than the rule of the organization.
v July – August: Make sure OSA executives have gone through the articles about their job responsibilities
· First electronic newsletter is published
· Executives write about their vision and plan of action
· OSA Souvenir and address book copies are sent to the life members, patrons, benefactors and contributors
· Election committee members are declared
· The chapter in the charge of convention holds meeting and preliminary plan.
· The convener is appointed and the information is sent to the OSA president
· Preliminary budget is made for the convention and duty and responsibility sharing with OSA national is clearly mentioned
v October: Chapters send their updated member list to OSA secretary.
v November: Chapter news and events are sent to the OSA editor/editors to be published in the December issue
· Second publication of OSA newsletter. Electronic copies kept in the web page and printed
· Copies are sent to people only who need it
· Make sure that election information is published (if appropriate)
· Progress check
· Deadline for the official ballot list to be received from OSA Secretary January 15, 2009 (if election year: odd year)
· Articles are due for the March issue of the newsletter
v February: Nominations for various OSA National Executive positions are due (if election year: odd year)
· Third issue of the newsletter is published (electronic).
· President asks for volunteers to serve in the election committee (if even year)
· Chapter in charge of convention sends convention information to the members
· Articles are invited for the Annual Souvenir
· Ballots for OSA election are sent to members by 4th weekend of March (Odd Year: Election Year)
· Progress check of all the committees
· Ballots to be mailed to election committee by members – postmarked by 4th Monday of April (Odd Year: Election Year)
· Articles for the 4th issue of the souvenir due
· Ballots to be counted on 2nd Saturday of May (Odd Year: Election Year)
· President declares the results as soon as results are available (Odd Year: Election Year)
· Fourth issue of souvenir is published
· Complete convention information and schedule is available in the
· Convention held
· Next year’s election committee members are declared in GBM and approved by 2/3rd majority (if even year)